Testimonies from Participants
Testimonies from participants of retreats for married couples:
- We got to know each other better during those two days than throughout the twenty years we were married. We recognised in ourselves traits that didn’t surface before, we understood each other better, we could hear each other out calmly. Our children said we came back changed. This is going to have a very good influence on our bond with them. It was a marital retreat but it made our whole family stronger.
- We are a married couple that both seeks God and goes away from Him. Here I’ve seen how week a man is alone and how strong he can be with God. The retreat made our faith much deeper. I’m looking at God and the Church with completely different eyes now.
- Our marriage has been in a bad patch. We couldn’t find understanding. We were on the verge of splitting up. Thanks to the retreat we can finally hear each other out. There is hope.
- When we were getting married we knew we wouldn’t have it easy. I felt that what connected us was a kind of a precious stone tangled up in a spiderweb. The retreat enabled us to “go back to the roots”, that is to become aware that the most essential things that linked us at the beginning and led us to get married ten years ago are still there to link us. And whatever divides us is less important and should not prevent us from enjoying life.
- Before coming to the retreat we were getting ready for divorce; now we are determined to stay together!
Testimonies from participants of Evenings for Engaged and Retreats for Engaged:
- The retreat gave answers to the questions we brought with us. The most important thing to us was to establish our hierarchy of values again. We are leaving convinced that there is a lot of work ahead of us.
- The course has reminded me that dialogue is the most important thing. What I found most valuable was the testimonies from the couples – I guess an example always has far greater an influence than theory.
- I’ve understood what the Sacrament of Matrimony is about; I’ve discovered the need for religious life in our future marriage that I wasn’t aware of before.